Insurance for school students & trainees
Your school days are almost over, and it’s time to see what the world has to offer. We offer a health insurance option that is just perfect for the early days of your career. Make the most of our first-class benefits and digital services!
While you’re training, every cent counts – just one more reason why Barmer’s optional tariffs are so popular with young people! After all, by making sensible, health-conscious choices, you can make significant savings every year.
A selection of our top-quality benefits for trainees:
- Save money with optional tariffs
- Travel vaccinations
- Exemption from co-payments if under 18
- Free contraceptive pill (up to the age of 22 - From the 18th birthday on only the statutory additional payment is necessary)
Customer service just as you like it:
- Convenient online ‘branch’, BARMER-App, and consultant chat service
- 24-hour specialist phone service
- Or visit your local branch
How do I find the right training placement for me? What do I need to include in my application? How do I best prepare for the interview? Answers to all your questions regarding the application process are available here. Go to the application tips (German)
Deductible tariffs offer great flexibility – you pay a premium for certain services and will receive a reward if you do not use the service, or if you only use it a few times per year. Go to deductible tariffs (German)
First time abroad? Watch our video and share it!